Supreme Pizza Smoked Fatty
Recently my husband bought a smoker and started to learn everything he could about smoking. For almost 5 weekends in a row we have had smoking parties and smoked every kind of meat we could think of. While on a few smoking sites we ran across fatties. Our imagination went wild with all the things we could stuff in ground meat and wrap in bacon. This is the first one we tried and it was a HUGE hit! This thing tastes just like a supreme pizza! I was really surprised how easy it actually is to put together! It takes a bit of time, but it will be so rewarding once it is pulled out of the smoker! I am pretty certain this could also easily be done in the oven, but you just won’t get the same smokey flavor. Below I will post the ingredients and step by step pictures! If you make this please come back and let me know what you think of my recipe!
1/2 can tomato paste
1/4 red bell pepper
1/4 yellow bell pepper
1/4 green bell pepper
1/4 small red onion
3 baby portabella mushrooms (optional)
8 sliced black olives (optional)
1 1/2 pounds Ground italian sausage
1 package of bacon
6 slices chopped Applegate farms pepperoni
Mozzarella or goat cheese if you tolerate it.
Norpro Cotton Cooking Twine
Heavy duty foil
1) Weave bacon into a square.
2) Press out ground italian sausage (or meat of choice) to the edges of the square.
3) Season with italian seasoning and garlic powder.
4) Spread tomato paste on the middle 1/3 of the ground meat.
5) Add veggies, pepperoni and cheese.
6) Carefully fold, roll and mesh the sides together to form a log and seal the ingredients in.
7) Tie with cooking twine
8) Smoke at 275 degrees for 5 hours in an offset smoker.
9) Remove from heat, wrap in heavy duty foil and let sit for 20 min.
10) Slice and enjoy!